Unsure if this was a good idea or not, we took Olivia on her first camping trip to Horsethief Reservoir. I was so worried about bug bites, sunburns, and keeping her warm at night. Someone told me that kids are like wild animals, and will adapt. It turns out, they were right. Olivia did great. I think she even liked it!
With our teenagers involved in sports, jobs, and going so many different directions these days, this was probably our one and only time we would be able to camp this entire summer all together.
Sometime in the middle of the night, the heater ran out of propane. Worried Olivia wouldn't be warm enough, I put her in bed with me. Worried that I would smother her with the heavy sleeping bag, I didn't get much sleep after that. She is just waking up, and looking a bit confused as to wear she is. It seems I need to quit worrying so much!
We bought a mosquito net which worked great. She was able to play and not have the bugs biting her.
Nap time inside the pop up trailer.
3 of my 4 sweet girls getting ready to have lunch.
Like father, like daughter? I know now where she gets her tongue "thing." Daddy loves carrying her around in the front pack, and she loves the ride.
Sitting around the morning campfire with Tio Johnny, and Allie.
She's not afraid of no snake! Johnny brought up fake snakes, and bugs to scare us.
All the comforts of home.
Johnny brought this awesome hammock. The kids loved it!
Allie caught a butterfly.
They had fun in the boat and the "clown."
Songs about "eggs" around the campfire kept everyone laughing, thanks to Johnny.
Even Anakin and I went for a ride in the boat.




No comments:
Post a Comment