June 18, 2012

The Fifth Month

This month there were a lot of exciting and new moments. Olivia learned to roll over from her back to her tummy, she started playing in her saucer, and jump up, tried food for the first time and went to the zoo. It's been such a fun month.
Her first roll over on May 27, 2012 was worthy of a fun video with dramatic music!
 When we first put her in her saucer she could barely touch the ground and we had to put a blanket behind her. She loves playing in here now and by the end of the month can touch flat footed, and no longer needs a back support.  She loves the little thing her right hand is on. It's her favorite thing on there. Later in the month, she found her voice. She was squealing with delight for a straight 20 minutes waking up the kids, and mommy. She carried on for the entire day!
 So sleeping this month also changed. I finally went to the pediatrician because she started waking up every 3 hours at night. The doctore told me to buy earplugs, turn of the baby monitor and just let her cry. She assured me that nothing could happen to her and that it would only take a week, and she would figure it out. The first night I was so sleep deprived that I slept through most of her crying.  She finally got to where she would sleep through the first wake up time at midnight and only woke up around 3 am. She would cry for a couple hours at a time. It's been very difficult, but I haven't been super diligent in leaving her alone. Sometimes I feel so bad for her, I go in and give her a binky, or roll her back to her tummy (she hasn't figured that out yet). Sometimes I just get up and feed her so she can sleep a few more hours, or so I can sleep a few more hours. This next month we will work harder at getting rid of that 3 am wake up.
 Olivia tried rice cereal for the first time this month. We made it a little runny, most of it just came right out. We tried again a week later, and it went much better.
Nadia taught her how to spit, so Olivia tried it while eating her rice cereal one day. It was pretty funny. She didn't eat any of it. It all just came spitting out at me.
We went to Zoo Boise this month with the Edgerly Family (Brian's boss' family) and had a good time. Of course Olivia didn't realize all the zoo has to offer, so I look forward to taking her again when she will be really excited about it.
 I entered this bath time picture in a Disney Moments photo contest. She got around 86 votes!
 She loves hanging out with her Brother Brian,
 and snuggling with her sister Nadia,
 and dancing with her sister, Caitlyn,
and hugging her sister, Allie.
 Olivia and mommy had matching toesies for Flag Day
 Daddy dressed her in BSU gear for church on Father's Day.
 I love taking pictures of her. She is so beautiful. She was just playing with her toys one day and was so into it. You can see the concentration on her face.
 She fell asleep in her swing and looked so peaceful.


No comments:

Post a Comment