This year, my beautiful daughter, Caitlyn, got asked to prom. She didn't want to even tell me about it because she knew I would be so excited. She told me she wasn't going. With a ton of convincing, I managed to get her to commit to going. We went dress shopping at a place called Cinderella's Closet which is a place that loans dresses for a $10 cleaning fee. What a bargain! Caitlyn tried on about 9 dresses, and even though the first one wasn't even my favorite, I had to cry because it was one of those moments in a mother's life that we look forward to; our little girl's growing up.
His name is Mark. He is a junior at Meridian High School. Caitlyn just met him at the Road Show a week before. He was a gentlemen and answered all of Uncle Rob's grilling questions (Brian had to work) including, "So, what's up with the way you asked her to prom?" It was something like, "So my first choice couldn't make it, do you want to go with me?" Nice!
Caitlyn wasn't sure how to put on the boutinier, and I don't know how to spell it.
When Mark came to pick her up, and saw her for the first time, he said, "Oh, you look beautiful." It melted my heart, and I had tears again. I wasn't expecting that to happen.
They went with several other couples and took pictures and then went to Louis Italian Restaurant where they all had pizza.
The beautiful corsages. Caitlyn is 2nd from the right.
The whole gang. Caitlyn wouldn't tell me much about it, but I think she had fun. They had their picture taken by the Idaho Statesmen and was even published on Sunday.
I loved the whole experience and can't wait to do it again with the rest of my girls.

No comments:
Post a Comment