This month has been a lot of fun! Of course she has gotten bigger, but also has gotten more fun. She is such a happy baby.......most of the time.
She still loves her baths. In fact she cries when she has to get out.
This is one very satisfied baby. Falling asleep while nursing in bed with momma.
We have finally been able to rid ourselves of the "straight jacket" we use to put her in to get her to sleep. She now loves to have her arms up.
This month she has made many discoveries, one being herself in the mirror. She loves to play with toys.
I purchased this bumbo at a huge consignment sale, and what a great purchase it was. Now she can sit up like a big girl.
Aunt Jen Merrill is one of Olivia's favorite people. She gets to go over to her house sometimes when I need a rest or have to run errands.
Daddy's girl. Sometimes Brian will get to come home for lunch and spend special time with Olivia during the day when she is already sick of mommy.
Another one of her favorite things is spending time with her siblings. Here Allie is making her laugh by making funny noises and bouncing her.
This month I had to go out of town for a wedding, and I had to leave my pumpkin for an entire 24 hours. I had to take her picture right before I left so I had something to look at while I was gone. She did great with Daddy, of course. I also moved her to her own bedroom a couple days before I left. I had to make sure I would be ok sleeping away from her before I left town. Of course she did great and so did I. Prior to my leave, we tried a new napping schedule from a book called Healthy Sleep Habits; Happy Child. This technique involves early bedtimes, 2-3 naps a day, and not letting her get overly tired. She wakes up between 6-7am, and usually only lasts about 1-1 1/2 hours before being ready for her first nap. It usually isn't very long. Then it's back up for more food and playtime. Sometimes we go on a morning walk. Then about 1 1/2 hours later or between 9-10:30 we start "soothing" time. That consists of 10 minutes in the swing, a little nursing, then rocking or reading a book. After that, she is good and ready to be put in her crib. I turn her music on and lie her down, and she usually goes to sleep without a fuss. The routine continues in the same pattern around 12-2 depending on when she wakes up, and then again in the late afternoon. Her most awake time is in the evening where she plays and gets to spend time with her siblings and daddy. Bedtime is another story, however. Sometimes she is so tired that she doesn't want to go to sleep at all. But when she finally does, she sleeps about 7 hours. Overall it has been a great benefit to me. I can finally get some things done during the day.
I returned home from my trip to Portland, Oregon on Mother's Day. Dad had the house cleaned and prepared shish kabobs and we had our family over to celebrate.
Grandma Owings and Olivia wearing similar hats.
She is now fond of playing on her tummy, at least for a little while. She gets a new perspective on things, and is building up those muscles so she can roll over soon. Some of her favorite toys are the green book, the taggi blanket, and the hanging flower which plays music.
She is so beautiful and I treasure every day I have with her. She brightens my world, and makes me smile daily. What a precious gift from Heavenly Father!






No comments:
Post a Comment