August 19, 2012

The Seventh Month

My sweet little baby girl is always making me smile! Her smile lights up a room. She has such a fun personality, and it's been so much fun this month seeing more of it coming to life.
 In the petunia beds in the front yard one morning.
This little link toy makes it look like she has a goat-t like daddy.
 She refuses to sleep on her back anymore, so this is her normal sleeping pose. Notice the binky is far away. She doesn't really suck on it that much. Instead she puts it in and out of her mouth and makes noise. She's funny. After she's fallen asleep, I go in and take the little purple "lovey" blanket out. She likes to hold something when she is falling asleep, but I'm too afraid to put anything in her crib that could potentially block her airways. (Yes, I know, I am a freak show. I have been told that before, but I don't care.)
Trying her "smush binky" as we call it. Here she was eating watermelon. The smush binky isn't her favorite thing. I think she prefers "real" food.
 Still loves taking showers with Daddy.
My new favorite place to bath her is in the sink. It's faster, and I don't have to bend over in the bath tub. Plus it takes a lot less water. She doesn't care where she's at as long as there is water involved. She loves to splash.
Our other bath option. This is more for playing, and less for cleaning.
 Her newest thing is to roll over when she is getting a diaper change or a clean pair of clothes. She does not like to sit still. She is such a curious little bug.
 Big brother teaching her how to play video games.
Big sister making her smile.
 First swim in a real pool in Glenn's Ferry for the Owings Family Reunion.
My best friend Brandy came to see us for the weekend, and we went to Eagle Island to swim and enjoy the sunshine.
 My beautiful girl looking around.
Here she is splashing her momma. Her arms and legs never stop moving, especially in the water.
 Brian and Caitlyn having fun with Olivia.
 Grandma and Grandpa Owings got her this basketball jersey and it looks so cute on her.
Aunt Cheri and Paige came to visit. We were all supposed to go on a camp out but there have been terrible fires this summer, and the roads were closed. We stayed home instead and played at Eagle Island one day, and had dinner at Grandma's house.
 Cousins:  Hannah, Olivia, and Paige
 Grandma Owings' rabbit, Sunflower. Olivia was just checking him out. 
 This month, not only did Olivia get her first cold, but she also got her first 2 teeth. They both came in the night before I had to give a Sacrament talk. Needless to say, neither one of us got much sleep that night. We had a long week of runny noses, and having to suck out the mucous which she hated. Thankfully it only lasted a week. (Thanks Caitlyn for passing along your sicky germs.)
 My sweet little princess.
I got a package in the mail, and decided to use this box as a toy. She loved it. She plays in it for a long time. It is always the cheap stuff that entertains them the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment