April 11, 2012

The Third Month

This month started off with the 2 month shots. My poor baby cried like I've never heard before, and I felt so bad. She didn't look much like herself for the rest of the night, and was very sad and wanted to cuddle. She had 5 vaccines that day.
 My happy girl. She loves being on her changing table. She always smiles at me. We start off our morning with breakfast, then we get a diaper change and are "naked baby" for a few minutes. Then we brush our gums, (her favorite part) then wash our face, and hands, then we get dressed. I usually sing "You Are My Sunshine" which she loves.
 My sweet punkin all cute in her "mom jeans"
 This has to be one of my favorites. Allie picked out this outfit from the second hand store, and it just fits her so well. She was so smiley.
 Princess of the hair bows this month. Looking sad in her swing while mommy snaps more pictures.
This month she finally started sleeping at night. To my surprise, one night she slept 3 hours, then a few days later she would sleep 4 hours. Eventually I put her to bed around 10:30 and she would get up around 3:30 or 4 to eat, then back to sleep. After that she'd sleep 3 more hours then be up again. One time she slept 7 hours in one night. I woke up and checked to make sure she was still breathing. We discovered that she liked to be wrapped like a burrito all snug as a bug in a rug. Thank heaven's for Halo's swaddle sleep sack! Now daddy doesn't have to get up at the 5 o'clock hour to help mommy anymore.
Here she is in her Halo swaddle sack taking a nap. This is how she looked when I put her down for her nap. (above) She didn't want the binky.... I went to check on her later and she had wiggled her hand out and was sucking on her fingers. (below) I don't know how she gets out of it because I wrap her super snug and it has velcro to keep it secure. I guess the need to suck makes her strong.
We took Olivia to Kathryn Albertson's Park and went on a nice walk. The geese were sitting on their eggs, and we even saw 3 mule deer. Of course Olivia slept through most of it.
 Like mother, like daughter. I had been dying to paint her toenails, and finally did it. Next time I will wait until she is asleep. It was like trying to shoot at a very quick moving target. 
Overall it was a great month. She is starting to interact with us a lot more, and make more noises. It's been a lot of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment