May 31, 2010

Maiden Voyage

Our first outing with our pop up trailer on Memorial Day Weekend was interesting.

The temperature on our way there hit a low of 39 degrees, but that didn't stop us, we had a pop up trailer.

I give camping in the cold a thumbs down. It was so freezing cold, I had 3 layers on and I was still cold.

Brian took out his boredom on a poor piece of wood.



and Nadia wanted a turn too.

Allie likes to carve sticks. She eventually made a shank that looked like a pencil. Great if she were planning on doing prison time.

We rode bikes...for a short time, cause it was coooold!

Pants on the ground, pants on the ground.....

looking like a fool with your pants on the ground. Silly boy!

The only time it was mildly warm was when we cooked, so I looked for any opportunity to cook something. Gotta love Jiffy Pop!

Yum! Before microwaves, back in the olden days, this is how we enjoyed popcorn.

Brian showed me how to shoot a gun.

Just a bee bee gun, but it's hard to hit the target. It took me like 5 tries to hit a can off a fence only 12 feet away.

Brian hit it every time. I think boys are born with that gene.

I love Caitlyn's hat.

It looks so different in May then in July.

I love the cat tails though.
We lasted for 2 nights and I couldn't stand it anymore. Tooooo coooold! Even with our trailer, I think I'll wait til summer really starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment